• Different courses available to students at different levels
• Students are tested and placed on a course appropriate to their English level
• Teachers maintain regular and close contact with their students
• Regular mock tests to assess student ability and identify areas that need improvement
• Support and resources provided to students for self-study
• Students are helped to work out efficient and effective study plan
• Small classes
• All teachers hold official ELT qualification such as TESL or TEFL
• Teachers fully understand the learning needs and methods of Chinese students.
• Teachers make an effort to advise on students’ weaknesses.
• Teaching materials are printed by authoritative publishing houses.
• A list of reference books for self-study is provided. The materials should not only be a list of questions.
• Adopting competency–focused teaching methodology, which is student-centred, is based on IELTS materials, and is skills-oriented.
• Courses provided help familiarise students with IELTS task types and help develop language proficiency.
• Teaching activities are skills-focused, such as group discussions, role plays, and problem solving.
• Mutual communication between teachers and students. After-class activities are also offered
Enables students to:
• Become familiar with IELTS task types and format.
• Understand the requirements of IELTS test on language proficiency
• Master suitable tactics for language learning